Clean Living // Lip Balm

Monday

Creating lip balms is an easy beauty product to make a lot of different flavors and create extras for gifts for friends! Here's how it's done: 

Peppermint:
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp olive oil
   1 tbsp beeswax pearls
1/4 tsp vitamin E oil 
10 drops peppermint essential oil
*optional. Organic food coloring for red tint.

Honey + Chamomile:
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp olive oil

   1 tbsp beeswax pearls
2 tsp honey

1/4 tsp vitamin E oil 
1 tsp chamomile* you can find in the herb section at your local health store

Lavender + Vanilla:
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp beeswax pearls
1/4 tsp vitamin E oil
5 drops lavender essential oil 
5 drops vanilla essential oil

Chocolate: 
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp vitamin E oil 
1 tsp honey
2 tsp cocoa powder 

On the stove top, begin heating a pan with four cups of water on medium. Mix all of the ingredients together in a small glass bowl. Place the glass bowl inside of the pan of water. Mix the ingredients as they begin to melt. Once the ingredients are a consistent texture, remove from the pan and pour into a small container (I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby). Let this cool at room temperature for one hour, and then cool in the fridge for three hours. Enjoy!




29 comments:

  1. This is one I have to try! I'm a sucker for lip products, but I know many of them contain harsh ingredients. The honey + chamomile sounds great for me.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - I have to try the vanilla and the honey lipbalm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely, I like to make peppermint usually, but I love the idea of honey and chamomile.n
    Zoe
    http://gypsiesister.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uuuuh~ so pretty, I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! and natural/homemade lipbalm is so much better than all those chemicals in the storebought brands. definitely doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful!
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get the tins? I love this idea! Thanks for sharing.

    The Nautical Owl
    Facebook
    Etsy
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Hobby Lobby. Shoot...guess I should READ. Bahah. Love this though!

      Delete
  8. Love this for a gift idea! Where did you get the beeswax pearls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At a local health store in the herb section!

      Kinsey

      Delete
  9. OMG I love this idea great post! ♥

    http://ambitiousalien.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, how fun! Do they have any tint to them?

    xo
    Sarah
    excitinglittlethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Splendid!! Thinking of all the ingredients I have on hand, I think I may try to make the chocolate one tonight!! Now just to find cute little tins!!

    xx
    Ashley
    ashleybeatrice.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I love the pink one, can't wait to impress everyone with this!

    www.beblacknblue.blogspot.co.uk
    www.bloglovin.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think it's so important that lip products are as natural as you can get them. think of how many times you lick your lips everyday. ew to chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to do this. I have rosewater just begging to be used!

    The Occasional Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a fun D.I.Y experiment for the weekend! And the pictures are so nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey, i will try those out!
    i am a total lip balm addict!

    wanderingsofalittlesoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are such a great idea. Simple but still nice. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. great idea. thanks. I will definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've actually never though of making my own before.
    What a super cute idea,
    They'd make great little filler gifts for presents to.

    Day Dreams & Daisy Chains

    - Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have got to try this! I'm always using lip balm, it'd be nice to sue something natural!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great idea! Of all the artificial products I abhore, lip glosses and balms top the list because they are for the lips!

    Shubhi's Revels

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds totally doable, thanks for sharing! I linked to this post on my blog: http://nocreationwithoutchaos.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you know of any alternatives to beeswax?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blog is amazing,if you want to see another amazing tech blog ..do visit
    http://www.androidnova.org

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome!!Will be adding to my recipe.
    Thanks for share

    sharmzglam.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome!Will be trying these out

    ReplyDelete

If you have a question, please subscribe to the post via email so that you'll be notified once I've responded!