Latest Blog Posts

Clean Living DIY // Lip Balm

Creating lip balms is an easy beauty product to make a lot of different flavors and create extras for gifts for friends! Here's how it's done: 

Peppermint:
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp olive oil
   1 tbsp beeswax pearls
1/4 tsp vitamin E oil 
10 drops peppermint essential oil
*optional. Organic food coloring for red tint.

Honey + Chamomile:
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp olive oil

   1 tbsp beeswax pearls

2 tsp honey

1/4 tsp vitamin E oil 
1 tsp chamomile* you can find in the herb section at your local health store

Lavender + Vanilla:
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp beeswax pearls
1/4 tsp vitamin E oil
5 drops lavender essential oil 
5 drops vanilla essential oil

Chocolate: 
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp vitamin E oil 
1 tsp honey
2 tsp cocoa powder 

On the stove top, begin heating a pan with four cups of water on medium. Mix all of the ingredients together in a small glass bowl. Place the glass bowl inside of the pan of water. Mix the ingredients as they begin to melt. Once the ingredients are a consistent texture, remove from the pan and pour into a small container (I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby). Let this cool at room temperature for one hour, and then cool in the fridge for three hours. Enjoy!




Comments

  1. This is one I have to try! I'm a sucker for lip products, but I know many of them contain harsh ingredients. The honey + chamomile sounds great for me.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - I have to try the vanilla and the honey lipbalm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely, I like to make peppermint usually, but I love the idea of honey and chamomile.n
    Zoe
    http://gypsiesister.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uuuuh~ so pretty, I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! and natural/homemade lipbalm is so much better than all those chemicals in the storebought brands. definitely doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful!
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get the tins? I love this idea! Thanks for sharing.

    The Nautical Owl
    Facebook
    Etsy
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Hobby Lobby. Shoot...guess I should READ. Bahah. Love this though!

      Delete
  8. Love this for a gift idea! Where did you get the beeswax pearls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At a local health store in the herb section!

      Kinsey

      Delete
  9. OMG I love this idea great post! ♥

    http://ambitiousalien.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, how fun! Do they have any tint to them?

    xo
    Sarah
    excitinglittlethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Splendid!! Thinking of all the ingredients I have on hand, I think I may try to make the chocolate one tonight!! Now just to find cute little tins!!

    xx
    Ashley
    ashleybeatrice.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I love the pink one, can't wait to impress everyone with this!

    www.beblacknblue.blogspot.co.uk
    www.bloglovin.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think it's so important that lip products are as natural as you can get them. think of how many times you lick your lips everyday. ew to chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to do this. I have rosewater just begging to be used!

    The Occasional Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a fun D.I.Y experiment for the weekend! And the pictures are so nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey, i will try those out!
    i am a total lip balm addict!

    wanderingsofalittlesoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are such a great idea. Simple but still nice. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. great idea. thanks. I will definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've actually never though of making my own before.
    What a super cute idea,
    They'd make great little filler gifts for presents to.

    Day Dreams & Daisy Chains

    - Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have got to try this! I'm always using lip balm, it'd be nice to sue something natural!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great idea! Of all the artificial products I abhore, lip glosses and balms top the list because they are for the lips!

    Shubhi's Revels

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds totally doable, thanks for sharing! I linked to this post on my blog: http://nocreationwithoutchaos.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you know of any alternatives to beeswax?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blog is amazing,if you want to see another amazing tech blog ..do visit
    http://www.androidnova.org

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome!!Will be adding to my recipe.
    Thanks for share

    sharmzglam.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome!Will be trying these out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you have a question, please subscribe to the post via email so that you'll be notified once I've responded!

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)