Latest Blog Posts

Honey Lavender Bread // Clean Living


This is the first time I've baked with lavender, and I'm already sold. Our whole kitchen was soaked in the aromas of lavender and fresh baked bread. Here's how it's done! 

Ingredients:
1/3 cup unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups warm water 
2/3 cup organic honey
2 tbsp lavender seeds
7 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tbsp active-dry yeast
1 tbsp sea salt


This recipe is enough for two small loaves. If you wish for only one, simply cut the recipe in half. Begin by melting the butter over the stove and then combining in a bowl with the water, honey, yeast, lavender, and 3 1/2 cups of flour. Once thoroughly combined, place a towel over the bowl and store in a warm area for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the remaining 3 1/2 cups of flour to the mixture. Then, place dough on a dry, floured surface and knead for three minutes. Next, divide the dough into two even sections. I added walnuts to one loaf. Try experimenting by adding different fruits or nuts to your own taste! Form each section into a rectangular loaf. Place onto a baking sheet and again cover with a towel and store in a warm area to rise for 30-40 minutes. Next, remove the towel and place the loaves in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven. After it's cooled for a few minutes, it's ready to serve! We found it taste best served hot with a layer of honey spread on the top. 



Comments

  1. Oh goodness! I have never baked with lavender, but this certainly makes me want to... it looks so so wonderful!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never eaten anything with lavender in it, but I do love it's scent. Homemade bread is the best, and a fresh slice drizzled with honey.. perfection.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your photography.
    Will try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, these sound amazing! I can almost imagine the delicious smell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This this an unusual combo but it looks very yummy.

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds yummy!! I wil try it!

    http://spotonmagdalena.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious! I have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious! :)

    http://mademoisellejuliet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I have never eaten aything lavender but this sounds like I should definitely try it. Reminds me of tuscany and holidays!
    We are out of bread anyway, now I need to find out where I get lavender from.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks just wonderful! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! I absolutely love cooking with lavender (:

    If you want to incorporate lavender into your sweet tooth fix, you can check out my favorite recipe for lavender and honey cupcakes here: http://ambermoments.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/digital-lavender-and-honey-cupcakes/

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks absolutely delish. honey and lavender are two of my favorites :) happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks wonderful! definitely making this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks fantastic. i would never imagine cooking will lavender, but opens all new doors. fresh living all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks incredibly delicious!! I know what I will be making next!!

    Thanks so much for sharing, Kinsey!!

    This may be a little random but... you have such gorgeous hair!! Do you have a certain hair care routine? Just wondering if you are one of those that does the no shampoo?? Everyone that I have seen that does it has gorgeous hair!!

    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete
  17. this looks absolutely delightful! i'll definitely have to try making this !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you have a question, please subscribe to the post via email so that you'll be notified once I've responded!

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)