Latest Blog Posts

Coffee Diaries // Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans

Chocolate covered espresso beans are a life saver when you're on the go especially when traveling and camping in the summer. Don't get me wrong, I can survive without a cup of coffee in the morning, but I'm much more pleasant to be around after I've had a cup or two. ;) This recipe will be a go to over the next few months as wedding season starts to pick up.

Here's how you can make your own!

ingredients:
1 cup organic espresso beans
3/4 cup organic chocolate chips
1 tbsp organic milk *optional
cocoa powder *optional

Begin heating the chocolate and milk on the stove top on low heat. Continually stir the chocolate to prevent it from burning. Once it's completely melted, stir in the espresso beans. After the beans are covered in chocolate, take them out one by one with a fork and allow them to cool on a sheet of wax paper. I prefer mine to just have plain chocolate, but for an extra chocolatey flavor, roll the beans in cocoa powder before the chocolate has dried. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until chocolate completely hardens. Store in a sealable container in a cool place.


Comments

  1. I love the quiet and stillness that you captured in these photos. And what a delicious treat for on-the-go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you made these on your own. i bought some from trader joe's the other week and they sure did not last long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are my favorite snack and i've been dying to make my own.
    i've got the beans, but i need the chocolate yet. ;)
    i'm so going to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chocolate covered espresso beans. Lovely photos as well!

    Maggie
    www.eancandles.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm!!! I should make these again. (It's been ages since I did last)
    Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hey, that's a great recipe, thank you for sharing! I always get them at the coffee shops

    http://foreverornot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried this but it seriously sounds orgasmic!! :)

    xo
    Maggie A
    LOVEMAVIN/YOUTUBE || LOVEMAVIN/BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so yum! Too bad I have to eat them in one go, there's no way I can leave them lying in front of me. ;) I truly adore your photographs, they're so calm and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great blog you have!
    I follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a simple recipe! I don't know why I haven't tried making them myself before as I have all the ingredients sitting around.
    I love following your blog!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  11. These babies got me through many a university all night assignment crunch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some of my favorite- I will have to try making my own! Thanks Kinsey : )

    www.teaandrainydays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum they looks delicious!
    xx

    www.bohemianjourneys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely! I've been looking for a recipe like this one. I'd prefer to make my own, especially since it seems so simple to do. Thanks for sharing this! (From a big coffee fan)

    Love and Luck,

    Laurali Star

    http://www.thesecretsurprisinista.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. yum yum yum!!

    xoxo
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really do love these coffee diary posts you do. Makes me want to experiment more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’ve been adding chocolate covered espresso beans to my morning yogurt with some pound cake - lazy woman’s tiramisu!

    ReplyDelete
  18. um. hello. yes. this sounds amazing, and i will be trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you have a question, please subscribe to the post via email so that you'll be notified once I've responded!

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)