Latest Blog Posts

Leather Feather Headband | DIY

 A little DIY for you, my favorite readers.. xx
Supplies: Leather, embroidery thread, elastic headband.
Pantry Supplies: Needle, scissors, heavy duty glue (I used a heavy fabric glue).
Begin by cutting the leather into a small rectangle, roughly the size of the feather/ or leaf you want. Fold it in half, round the bottom and make the top a point. It should end up looking like an almond shape. Then, cut small, symmetrical slits on the sides. Round the bottom of each slit, making a slight gap. Repeat this process until you've cut out enough leaves for your headband. Then, sew stitching down the middle. I only did this step to two out of five pieces to give it a dose of character. Place them into the form you desire for your headband. To attach them to the band, stitch the base of each piece so that the thread will be hidden once they overlap. Top it off with a bit of glue on the tips so that they don't curl. Let it dry overnight and you've got yourself a headband all your own.
 A little heart to heart.. thank you all kindly for the support thus far. Writing Sincerely, Kinsey has become such a joy in my life. It's an honor to have met so many unique individuals throughout this journey. I truly am thankful to be able to share a small slice of creativity to the big world of blogging. So to all of my lovely readers, you have a special place in my heart.

Comments

  1. Kinsey, your blog is so lovely - no wonder people want to stop by. This headband is going to be a perfect Autumn accessory xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinsey, Your creative life is so inspiring to read about! Thank you for keeping this little corner of the world wide web so warm and uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable!!!!!! i love that you did leaves and not flowers...so me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful, great DIY! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is perfect especially for my hair, they are so flaffy and curly and hair accessories almost tame them a little bit! ;)

    (New blog needing some love and support: http://inwhirlofinspiration.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I adore the fall color combo, too: seriously, my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww. So pretty! I think that leaves are the new flowers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. goodness that's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute! Never thought of using leaves! Love how elegantly it is sticking out of your pony tail :)
    Luvv, Leigh B

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute! I just adore all the things you create! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw this is a great little project!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it beautiful how that which is a joy in your life is a joy in other's lives as well?

    xo. Little Miss
    www.livelylittlemiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is perfect! I wish I had the patience to try it out
    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable DIY! I'm not sure if this would look as good in my short hair, but it would make a really great gift.

    p.s. I made your bird nest necklace a few weekends ago and have received a lot of compliments on it! So thanks for that! :)

    http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable! I'm so glad I found your blog...you are just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in love with everything you make. thank you so much for sharing your ideas and creativity with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely! I want to try making this!
    Hanna
    www.hannasmithonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so adorable! and i loove your blog :)

    http://tenminutesuntil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea! i love the fact that this is not the "common" floreal headbang! i posted a link on my blog to yours ... i hope you're ok with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey that is amazing! i'm totally doing it :D Great blog by the way!
    Hugs from Chile!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely and really pretty idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome pic...its beautiful so do u..love from Malaysia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you have a question, please subscribe to the post via email so that you'll be notified once I've responded!

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)